Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bittersweet Party

Aren't these cupcakes adorable??
We went to a graduation party for Dave on Saturday. He is my friend/client/cousin Liz's husband (yes that is the order that we met... long story). Okay, I  will give you the readers digest version. Liz and I met shortly after Steve and I were married a couple of years ago. We hit it off and went on a double date with her and her husband, Dave. After becoming friends, she started coming to me as a client to have her hair done. About a month after that, I saw her at my Grandma's funeral and wondered why my friend Liz was there and how she knew my grandma. She even sang at her funeral, so I knew she must have known her pretty well. After the service, we discovered that we were second cousins! Pretty crazy huh?? We knew each other all that time, and never knew that we were related! She is pretty much the COOLEST cousin ever! Anywho, she threw a super awesome graduation party on Saturday. Everything that she does is gourmet. I swear, she is more talented than Martha Stewart! Everything was homemade from scratch, including the chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert! Oh, and she only had soda in glass bottles... everything tastes better in glass! That girl has got class I tell you!

It was kind of a bitter-sweet night, because they are moving this week to San Diego. Dave got a job offer there and they want to live close to the beach (who can blame them??) I am happy to have friends to visit when we go over there, but I am sad that my favorite cousin is moving so far away from me. :( Liz and Dave are also having their first baby so we are so excited that our kids will be the same age! 
I had a take a picture of our delicious carne asada dinner. It was amazing!
I didn't realize how big my stomach was until I stood next to her and we bumped bellies! 

Steve and I are going to miss you guys! But we are so excited for your new adventure in San Diego. We just might have to come visit you and we can go shopping at Fashion Valley and hang out on the beach! Thanks for the great weekend Liz! You rock! See you in June!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had the opportunity to get to know Liz. It's fun having family that you enjoy spending time with. I wish I could be more creative like that. I guess we'll just have to rely on Krista to be creative for us :) Love you, and love the baby bump!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cupcakes!! Soooo ADORABLE!! And the drinks in the bottle... LOVE THAT TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's be blog friends! HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT! AMAZING!!! WHat are you having? That is so exciting! ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Erin, when we were talking earlier today I misinformed you about the shoe location. Its not at JC penney its at Dillards. The shoe brand is called Nuture and if you don't like their styles you can always gander about the other ones just like it. hope this helps :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy that food looks delicious! Erin your belly is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin! Your baby belly is SO SO SO cute!! You don't even look preggo in that last pic! I can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute maternity shorts, and long too. Where on earth did you find them, I can't find any anywhere!!

    You look so cute being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhhhhhh. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete