Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My "Bucket List" for 2012

There are a lot of things that I want to do this year. I am a firm believer in goal setting. This quote from Brian Tracy really struck a cord with me:
Your mind, your ability to think, plan, and decide, is your most powerful tool for overcoming procrastination and increasing your productivity. Your ability to set goals, make plans, and take action on them determines the course of your life. The very act of thinking and planning unlocks your mental powers, triggers your creativity, and increases your mental and physical energies.

Here are some of my goals for 2012:
Physical:
* Lose 15 pounds and fit into my pre-Hudson clothes comfortably (Baby #2 definitely changed my body!) This means eat more vegetables, fruit, lean meats, and limit processed sugar in my diet. Exercise 3-5 days a week, even if I can't make it to the gym-- go jogging or on a bike ride to get exercise.
Limiting my ice cream intake will definitely help!
* Start doing yoga/pilates twice a week.

* Make healthy meal plans ahead of time. Cook more with whole grains like quinoa and millet.

Spiritual:
* Act on promptings that I feel (i.e. give a call to someone that has been on my mind to catch up, bring a meal to someone in need, write a letter to someone telling them why I love them.) Find as many opportunities that I can to brighten someones day and lift another's spirits. :)

* Read and study my scriptures daily. (This is a goal every year, but I really want to be better at this.)

* Attend the temple once a month with Steve.

Other Random Goals:
* Learn how to shop at garage sales and spray paint furniture (my husband thinks I'm crazy) but I see all of these amazing things people can do with old furniture. Thank you pinterest. :)

* Keep my newly organized laundry room organized (what a concept!) That one has been a challenge for me!

* Establish a cleaning regimen throughout the week that will give us more free time on the weekends to play and do family activities.

* Go on a road trip somewhere back east. I have never been there before.

* Spend less time in front of the T.V. and more time with good books.

* Get lasik eye surgery! (hint hint, Steve.)

* Go to bed by 10 or 10:30 so that I can wake up before my kids to read my scriptures and meditate. 

* Play outside more with my kids.

* Go on a skiing trip with Steve. I love to ski!

* Get Parker to start eating vegetables!

* Learn how to sew (I only know the major basics.)

There is something about goal setting that gets me so excited to get to work and achieve them. Now you can all hold me accountable for following through with my goals since I posted them for the world to see. 

2012 is going to be great! What are some of your goals?

6 comments:

  1. You look amazing...I don't know what you're talking about. I feel the same way too though. After 3 kids, I have 20 lbs extra that won't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be fun to teach you to sew. Come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever heard of Feel Great in Eight? It will help you accomplish your physical and spiritual desires along with helping break bad habits. I'm in my 3rd week and have lost 8lbs, have not opened my Facebook account & am reading scriptures and praying diligently. Check it out. I've LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, you are so nice. Thanks for all of your sweet comments. They mean a lot to me! Julia, tell me when and I am there! Erna, I am going to have to check out that website! That sounds fantastic! I was just thinking that I need to take a break from Facebook. I waste too much time on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to the physical goal...aren't you a runner? I've lost 20lbs in 3 months from running. Training for a half marathon, which is in a week, and that's all I've done. I ate poorly as well! you can totally do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm I think one of my goals should be to have hair as beautiful as yours! Mine won't grow anymore! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete