Thursday, October 20, 2016

Building Our Dream Home

Steve and I decided to build a home back in January of 2015. We already had the land for about 7 months and decided to get started with Mike's company. It was really exciting to design our floor plan and pick everything out. I never thought I would have the opportunity to build a custom home at the age of 30 and it was truly a dream come true. It took a lot longer to get started than we anticipated due to getting permits for different things being on county land. But we finally broke ground in December of 2015! 
This picture was taken in December of 2015.





 Now, fast forward to May 2016 and here is the progress happening...




A lot of people asked us how in the world we built a home in the middle of dealing with Hudson's cancer. At first, I didn't even care anymore to be quite honest. I didn't care about anything but getting Hudson healthy again. But once we got into our new groove, we started getting involved again in the building process. It really kept us busy and was a nice distraction from all of the hardship and sadness we faced. As crazy and busy as it was, it was a major blessing. I am a creative being and I think if I didn't have something major to create during that time, I would have gone into a deep, dark and lonely depression. Building this home was truly a labor of love and hope for a brighter future ahead of us.

More updates to come on this... I will get caught up one day on this old blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Erin, your beautiful boy sure has come a long way in his journey. Building a house at the same time might have been a blessing in disguise. A timeline of, hopefully a moment in time. Thank you for sharing your family.

    ReplyDelete