Sunday, November 12, 2017

Cravings...

 I haven't been able to journal Hudson's journey because, well, it's painful to look at at pictures of him like this. It was honestly the hardest thing I've ever done, the most terrifying time of my life. Watching your little boy go through such high doses of chemo and steroids and watching him change and deteriorate in such a short amount of time is pretty horrifying. I look back at that time and wonder how we ever even made it out alive and that we are actually doing well now. All I know is I couldn't have done it without my village of people to help me through it all. The support of everyone through their service, faith and prayers for Hudson and our family were almost tangible. These pictures were taken during Hudsons first 30 days of treatment when he was getting chemo and spinal taps weekly and steroids for 30 days straight. He couldn't walk and all he wanted to do was eat and sleep. His cravings were 10 times worse than a pregnant woman with insane cravings. Thanks to Facebook, I would announce some of his random cravings and it would almost always be delivered by one of my friends immediately. It was mind blowing to see how much people wanted to help. The first picture is of Hudson with a white and red blood cell pillow that my sisters co-worker gave him. The white blood cell even has a Strong As Steele cape on!

 My friend, Lexi, brought him over tacos when she found out he was craving them and refused to eat what we were eating. Food was literally the only thing that brought him joy so we gave in to see that cute smile on his face.
 Doughnuts from his friend Nash's mom, Jill.
This was one of the happiest moments to see Hudson so excited to feed his baby cousin, Porter. He was all smiles and loved every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment