Friday, November 5, 2010

I guess I'm a Hero :)

I was sitting outside at my mom's house yesterday, enjoying the beautiful weather when I got a call from my sister Tara. She told me that she was on her way to urgent care because her little Ava bean (who is 2 mind you) stuck two popcorn kernels up her nose and they were stuck way up there! I then had a genius idea-- wait, wait, I actually have to give credit to Steve Terry, my friend Kristen's dad, because she stuck a popcorn kernel in her ear once and he sucked it out with a straw... how could I ever forget that?! I told Tara to turn her car around and come over so she could suck it out herself with a straw. Everyone knows how expensive urgent care is right? So she turned the car around and Ava came running in and exclaimed "Ewin, I got sumpin' stuck in my nose!" Tara tried sucking it out herself but said that all she could get was air. That's when I took matters into my own hands...
 I sucked as hard as I could and out popped the first kernel! It was so disgustingly cool, it seriously gave me an adrenaline rush! I didn't even hesitate getting the next kernel out. That one, I had to suck a little harder because so many boogers were attached! Being a mom has changed me. I can do gross things like this now!
 After I retrieved the second kernel from her nose, Ava so politely said "Fank you Ewin!" And she gave me a big kiss on the cheek! 
I think I deserve the "Best Aunt Award!" You can just start calling me Dr. Larsen. Who needs urgent care when they've got me?!

8 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm happy to know this trick now because there is a good chance it will come in handy with kylee or brayden. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she "fanked" you! You are SO talented on SO many levels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! What a good trick to keep in mind. You are a hero, but that boogery kernel is grossing me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a story that will surely follow your neice around... too cute! I'd say you are the best auntie ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. The second I read she stuck two kernels up here nose, I quickly scanned the page for my name. Sure enough, there it was. I couldn't stop giggling. I can't believe you remember that but at the same time, I guess I can:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the hero! Fank you Ewin!

    ReplyDelete