Monday, May 9, 2011

Mum's Day

 Parker always makes us laugh! He does the silliest, funniest things all the time now. He likes to dip his pacifier in everything he eats. :) Some of the new phrases he says are "Oh man!" (when he drops anything on the floor), "Oood Morny!"(Good morning), "I dunna det you!" (I'm gonna get you!), and "Where are you?" (When he is looking for anything around the house.) It's so fun to hear him start talking! He also sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Wheels on the Bus, and Old MacDonald. And yes- he still watches Tangled everyday! (I have most of that movie memorized now.)  :)
Hudson is growing SO fast! He is already wearing 3-6 month clothing and he is only 2 months old and is now wearing size 1 diapers! He is smiling and "goo-ing" all the time now. He is also very alert and loves when we sing to him, he goo's and smiles the whole time! 
We went on our first "real date" to La Grande Orange since he was born (well we got a sitter for Parker and brought him with us) and he slept the entire time! It was wonderful! We were actually able to talk and enjoy our meal without trying to quiet down our kids, chase Parker around, clean up messes or even change diapers!
 He also gave me the best Mothers Day gift and slept through the whole three hours of church! I felt so spiritually fed and uplifted. It was a great day. We also got to talk to my brother-in-law, Trevor, who is currently serving a mission in Florida right now. 
We went over to my parents house for a delicious french dinner served by my amazing sister, Krista. Have you ever seen Julie & Julia?? She made the most delicious Beef Bouillon! I've always wanted to try it after seeing that movie. And let me just say: I have been thinking about it all day today, wishing I had leftovers to eat-- it was that good!!

 MMmmmmmm.... these pictures make my mouth water.
Hudson got some cuddle time with his Great Grandma Jane. She sure loves holding babies!
This is the most current picture I have with my mom. I am so grateful to have been raised by such a kind-hearted, funny, spiritual, generous, noble woman. I hope that I will be able to emulate her amazing example that she set for me. Mother's truly are a gift from God. ;) 
Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! That dinner was A-MA-ZING!! Thanks again Kris! We are so blessed to have the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie pie you have over there!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I missed this one and you said some really nice things about me! Thanks! I think you are an amazing mom too!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete