Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wicked Awesome Night!

I grew up in a family that LOVES musicals and plays. I still remember seeing Les Miserable for the first time as a little girl and feeling so excited and empowered after witnessing such incredible talent. When I turned 18, my dad had a business trip in New York and took me with him, just the two of us. We went to FOUR broadway musicals and to this day, that was one of the most fun memories of my life. I am very passionate about sharing stories through music. 
That being said, my wonderful husband bought tickets for Christmas to see Wicked. I had already seen it a few years ago but wanted to see it again because it was so amazing! He had never been to a real "professional" broadway musical. Tanner and Meredith got tickets too and we all went together. Let's just say it was a WICKED good time! Oh-aaaaaa-aaaaa-ooooooohhhhhh (that was me belting out Elphaba's last diddy in Defying Gravity... if you didn't know.)
It was so fun to share giddiness with Meredith!! We felt like little girls again, giggling with excitement the entire night! I think our husbands got their "money's worth" out of buying those tickets for us. :)


My next goal is to take Steve to broadway show in New York! I'm going to work on that one! 
Thanks for the wicked amazing night-- alright, I'm done with the wicked phrases... I couldn't help myself!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wicked amazing night! Love that play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously one of the best date nights ever!!! Thanks for being as excited as I was all night long! NY here we come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, we went too! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! I love that play, now I wish I would have gone again. i LOVE your skirt, it's way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVED Wicked... it is sooo good... you'll never look at the Wizard of oz the same way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVED Wicked... it is sooo good... you'll never look at the Wizard of oz the same way ;)

    ReplyDelete