Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Risers

My boys are REALLY good sleepers. I have already said it before and I'll say it again-- Babywise is the reason why they are such great sleepers! They are excited when it's nap time and they wake up really happy and ready to play, which means you know they slept good.
I took a few pictures of how hilarious they were acting after they woke up the other day. They were making me laugh so much, and they knew they were being funny because my laughter egged them on even more! (They don't sleep in the same crib by the way, I just put them in there together because they love jumping on Parkers bed.)
 Hudson sticks his leg stuck in there all the time and then freaks out-- silly boy.
 He is into everything now. His favorite thing is opening drawers (which scares me to death because he's pinched his fingers a few times!)
 See, big boy!
 They play so well together... for the most part.
 One word: Goofy 



There's a real smile. Look at that little face. He's so dang cute!

I had a conversation with a friend that I use to work with the other night that really struck a cord with me. Her and her husband don't have kids yet and they are unsure if they want to. They asked me about being a parent. I told them that having children is one thing you will never regret. To me, becoming a mother was such an incredible calling. It has its challenges and can be very demanding both physically, emotionally and mentally. But it is all worth it! It has taught me to love others more than myself. To be more patient (which I'm still learning), compassionate, loving and has brought me more joy and gratitude than I ever thought was possible. The second I held those little guys in my arms, I knew that my life was changed forever. 
When I lay in bed at night, I am filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my family and for the gift that God gave me to be a mother. 

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome Mom!! Love Babywise and it ALWAYS works with ANY kid!! Thanks for introducing it to me! You are seriously amazing and your boys are adorable!! Being a Mom is the best job I could ever dream of!!

    ReplyDelete