Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Memorial Day Weekend

We had a BBQ at Kristie and Patty's house. They made (virgin) pina colada's that were insanely delicious! Hudson took over mine and dipped potato chips in it, sweet and salty... I guess it's not that weird. :)
 He was seriously falling asleep while devouring my pina colada!

Monday evening, we went and visited my grandma and grandpa Steele's grave. It was nice to see beautiful flowers on their grave. My grandpa was so handsome and my grandma was striking and classy! I felt so much gratitude knowing that my grandpa put his life on the line in WWII. He was in the air force and was shot down while flying over Budapest, Hungary and then a prisoner of war in Germany for a year. I can't imagine how they endured such trials. But they were such strong, faithful, humble people who left a legacy behind them. I am honored to be one of their grandchildren.




They are truly missed. But I know that we will be together again with the Savior one day. What a comfort that is.

Hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day and were able to take a minute to pray for our soldiers fighting and those who have fought for our country. I liked a quote I saw that said "Freedom is not free." We have all of those who put their lives on the line every day to thank so that we can be free.
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment