Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012 Part I

Why hello there blogging world. It has been a long time since I've posted anything. We just got back late Friday night from our fun family vacation. We haven't had an entire week vacation in years, so it was really nice to have that much time off to play and relax. I have SO many pictures to share. I have to break it up into different posts. There were so many that I have to share and I never want to forget anything about our trip. We stayed at Steve's grandma's house in Del Mar with his parents, McKay and Lori and her kids. It was a full house, but the kids had a blast playing with cousins for an entire week!

It was Hudson's first time playing at the beach and he loved playing in the sand and watching the waves! Parker loved jumping in the waves and would get really dizzy watching the tide go back, he would fall over every time! 



 I can't believe how big our boys are getting.

 Hudson is obsessed with his Uncle McKay. He dives for him whenever he walks into the room. Aunt Lori also spoils them and she even bought Parker his very own wallet from Legoland. He was pretty excited!


 We hiked Torrey Pines with McKay and Jase. Parker was a bit tired and didn't enjoy it very much, but it was nice to see the view and work off some of the crap ice cream and goodies we ate every. single. day.

Hudson woke up every morning at 5:30 on the dot. It was kind of annoying not to be able to sleep in, but I did get him to go back down for about 45 minutes and got some snuggle time, so that definitely made up for it!
We treated Shari to brunch at Brockton Villa for her 60th birthday. It was delicious as always. Their coast toast is THE BEST! We also love their naughty breakfast burrito, num num. I could go for that again right now!
 Shari looks great at 60!
 La Jolla is one of my favorite places in San Diego!
Best buds!
 We took the boys to Sea World and had a great time!



 Hudson was so excited to go on some of the rides! He only got to go on one ride at Legoland (my post is out of order) so Sea World made up for it!
 He was worn out from all the fun!
 Funny story: We were so turned around at the end of the day and completely lost our car in the parking lot. We walked around for at least 20 minutes and knew that we parked by a tree... there were lots of trees. Steve even climbed the look-out tower and pushed the emergency button on our key remote. Then we realized we were in the wrong section. We felt like old people, especially when I told him my grandma Steele did that (she had dementia though!) Should I be worried?? :)
 We were happy when we finally found it and were able to go get lunch and give the boys naps!

More vacation memories tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I can't wait for my kids to be able to go on vacation! By the way, Erin, you look amazing!!
    So glad you guys found your car. Haha, is that what that look out tower is actually for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a blast! I'm glad Hudsy likes the sand :)

    ReplyDelete