Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm Still Here...

I almost gave up on this blog. But then I looked through my old blog book that I printed a couple of years ago and realized how much I loved having all of my funny stories and memories kept in one place on my blog. I don't think I have any readers anymore, so this will just be for me I guess. :)

This last week has been rough. I am now 32 weeks pregnant-- how did that happen?? Our baby boy has been playing tricks on us and is trying to come early. I have been having contractions for about 5 days now and my doc put me on temporary bed rest for the next 2 weeks to try to get them to slow down. I was not dilated (thank goodness) but I was effaced because of all the contractions I was having. If I get up and walk around, they start again. It's crazy. I guess I was born 9 weeks early so it's highly possible that I could have a preemie due to my genes. But I would really like for this baby to cook longer in my belly so that he is fully developed and strong and we can take him home with us from the hospital. I don't know how my parents did it. Brianne, Krista and I were all very premature and had to stay in the hospital for a month after delivery. I only weighed 3 lbs 9 oz. I am just hoping and praying that all goes well with this pregnancy. A girl in my ward that was only a few weeks ahead of me just had her baby this morning. It made it that much for real for us that it could happen to me. Anyway, I have been so overwhelmed with the outpouring of help and concern from family and friends. I have had countless people offer to bring meals, watch my boys and come clean my house. Although I feel very uncomfortable saying yes to most of those things because I don't want to put anyone out, it truly humbled me to think about how blessed I am. Steve is keeping up on the laundry and my sister-in-law next door is being more than helpful with my boys to make sure I am laying down. I've had neighbors pick up my boys to take them to lunch and to the park and so many kind messages from friends asking how I am doing. My mom came out the other day and bought me lunch, took both the boys to Costco and picked up a ton of groceries (and wouldn't let me pay her for them.) I realized how much I want to pay it forward after this is all said and done. Serving others and receiving service (which a lot of times is harder) really is what it's all about. 

Here are some selfies of my growing baby bump. 



 And this:
Is my current state. I am pretty much camped out here for the next two weeks. 
If any of you still read my blog, I am taking good book/movie/show recommendations1!!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say, I am a reader of your blog and have for a long time now. I check weekly so you do have readers out there still! I am a mother of 3 and never had an early baby so I can understand your concern! Sending positive vibes that baby stays cooking for a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete