Monday, March 24, 2014

Llama Llama Mad at Mama

Hudson is my little sweet and spicy boy. One minute, he tells me "I don't like you mom (with a super grumpy face)" and the next, he tells me "You pwetty mommy. I love you mommy!" Although there are truly moments that I want to pull my hair out or go scream into a pillow because I'm so frustrated with him, I sure love him to pieces and can't get enough of him. It's really weird how parenting is the hardest, most frustrating thing but the most rewarding, fulfilling thing at the same time. 

The other day, Hudson went to time out for being naughty. He stood in the corner by the stairs with his face to the wall and was told he could come out when he chose to be happy and make better choices. I went into the kitchen to clean up breakfast with Steve when we heard little footsteps running upstairs. Steve and I looked at each other with a half smile and knew that Hudson escaped and went upstairs. I just ignored him. I walked over to see if he went back to time out and he did in fact go. But before he turned his face back to the wall, he held up a book with a grumpy face and then set it down on the ground and stuck his face back in the corner to finish his time-out session. I didn't even see what book he had because it was across the house and the room was kind of dark. He finally decided to be happy and came out of time out and gave us each a hug and told us he loved us, then was off and away and happily playing with toys like nothing happened. Steve walked over and picked up the book Hudson grabbed-- we were both hysterically laughing!! 
He is one smart kid I tell you. At least his comprehension skills are great!! 

Although parenting is very frustrating at times, I wouldn't have it any other way. These kids keep me laughing everyday and even when times are really challenging, they still bring me so much joy!

Got to love that Hudson boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment