Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Parker's strength and Hudson's changing look

I always worried about Parker with everything going on with Hudson. I didn't want him to feel like he wasn't important or special because of all the attention Hudson was getting from everyone. I read him a book for siblings of chronicely ill children and it really helped him understand his feelings and emotions with what was happening. I felt so much guilt when I had to be away and dedicating most of my energy towards Hudson and his needs and Everett usually took up the rest being so young and demanding of my attention. But Parker amazed me with his strength and ability to cope and be happy and was such a helper. It made him sad to see his brother and best bud having such a hard time and not wanting anything to do with him really while he went through his first month of treatment. I am so grateful for Parker and for his sweet and tender spirit. He really fits the "oldest child" mold. So responsible and on top of things. I am sure a lucky mama to have him.

The only word that comes to mind when I see these pictures of Hudson is: Uncomfortable. The poor guy was just plain uncomfortable in his own skin as he dealt with the awful side effects of heavy doses of chemotherapy and steroids. 

See what I mean when food was the only thing that brought him joy most of the time? Oh, and baby Porter always brought a smile to his face! He loved being able to feed Porter his bottle when he was feeling up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment