Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Coeur d'Alene

Hello blog. It's nice to see you again. I almost gave up on you, but then I realized that would be really sad! So, I will be better at updating you for my own families sake so that we can always have our memories documented. :)
This past weekend, Steve and I had the honor of being invited on Amerifirst Financials work retreat for the top people in his company. Steve has been a very loyal hard working employee there for 9 years now and has worked his way up to CFO which is quite an accomplishment for a 30 year old. We went to the beautiful Couer d'Alene, Idaho-- which is the best kept secret! What a beautiful place! The weather was perfect, the scenery was breathtaking and there were so many things to see and do. It was quite a treat to have Steve to myself for 4 whole days while our boys stayed home with Mimi and Grandpa and played with cousins the whole weekend. The morning we left, I asked Parker "Will you miss me?" in which he replied "Yeah, but not so much." :) At least I know he had fun while we were gone and was in good hands. 

First thing when we arrived, we snapped a picture of the beautiful view from our hotel room at the Couer d'Alene Resort.
We enjoyed delicious food, went on a 14 mile bike ride, got stung by a bee (OUCH!), window shopped, got massages at the spa, went fly fishing with an incredible guide (we both caught 2 fish), went on a dinner cruise with the company, went to the movies and saw The Way, Way Back (good movie), and just relaxed!
 





 Check out our room service! That strawberry shortcake sundae was delicious!!! We also went to a local candy store twice while we were there (once to get our boys some treats... but we got ourselves a couple of bags of candies and chocolates too!)


On Monday morning, we walked to a cute little local diner that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We got a egg and potato scramble, biscuits and gravy and a pancake! It was really declicious!!

This is us on our dinner cruise. His co-workers started a dance party and it was quite entertaining to watch! He works with some amazing people! I really enjoyed getting to know his co-workers more. Thank you Amerifirst and especially Kelly Powers for organizing the whole trip and to the Bowlby's for treating us to such a wonderful time! We had lots of laughs and many fun memories. It kind of felt like we were dating again! I feel like my mommy batteries are recharged now. It's nice to be home with my little family and I feel so grateful for the many blessings that I have in my life. I am happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment