Saturday, October 4, 2014

Larsen Family Summer Vacation to Big Bear!

I know it's already October now but I never got around to blogging about our fun vacation to Big Bear, CA over the fourth of July weekend. Better late than never I guess! We wanted to go on vacation with the whole Larsen family before McKay left for his mission.  My in-laws rented  an amazing cabin that fit all 22 of us! It  had a gorgeous view of the lake too which was an extra bonus. The trip started out with a bang when on our drive up, the boys ate Fiber One bars and both had major poo attacks at the exact same time in the car. I thought I bought plain old granola bars. Whoops! Steve and I got a pretty good laugh out of it! I'm not quite sure the boys thought it was funny though... #motheroftheyear


There was a jacuzzi tub on the balcony upstairs overlooking the lake. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. Our room was right below the jacuzzi. When I was getting ready one morning downstairs in our bathroom, I thought the jacuzzi tub was coming through the roof because the whole room starting shaking. I panicked and grabbed the baby and ran out of the room for dear life! Then it dawned on me that it wasn't the hot tub-- it was an earth quake! It was pretty wild! The best part was when Meredith yelled so nonchalantly "Earthquake... "while she was doing her hair. Yeah, she's definitely from California. It didn't worry her one bit. I on the other hand, thought it was pretty darn scary! I guess you can say I'm an Arizona girl!
 We all went to the alpine slide on the fourth and we all had so much fun! The weather was overcast and in the 70s. It was heaven. The boys liked going on the "faster one" (even though they were both exactly the same... we let them believe there was a faster one!)
 I loved seeing all of the cousins bonding and playing together the whole time whether it was playing outside, on their iPads, out of the porch swing, or riding scooters in the driveway. They all had a great time together.
 Parker went on a pretty intense hike with the guys. Steve said he was really proud of Parker because it was a super intense, uphill hike and he made it to the top! 
 We had matching shirts that had all of our names in the American flag. Super cute idea! My favorite part of the picture below is little Hadley kissing Mikes cheek! 


 Everett got lots of attention and cuddle time from everyone!
 All American Baby!





Our boys still ask us weekly to go back to the cabin (Hudson especially!) It was definitely an unforgettable trip! I love spending quality time with family. There really is nothing better.





No comments:

Post a Comment