Monday, October 17, 2016

Coming Home from the hospital

Coming home from the hospital was so liberating-- especially for Hudson who was there for 6 days straight. What a whirlwind of a week that was. We were overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and generosity from so many friends and family members. His room looked like a shrine of Hudson with pictures of him all over the room, toys, stuffed animals, treats, balloons and cards in every square inch of the room. We were ready to start treatment at the outpatient clinic only a mile from our house.

My dad came and helped Steve take the many loads of gifts and other stuff to the car.
It took me three hours to put all of his new stuff away. That boy is definitely loved by many and it was so overwhelming and humbling to witness the outpouring of love!
 Everett couldn't wait to see Hudson again. It was influenza season so kids were not allowed to visit at the hospital. When Everett and Parker saw him for the first time, they ran with open arms to give him a hug! It was a priceless moment I will always remember and cherish.
 Hudson and Parker had fun playing with some of his new toys he got while in the hospital. 
It felt so great to have all THREE of my boys home again under one roof. I have never wanted to have my family together so bad in my life. It was definitely something that I took for granted before this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment